Thursday, April 28, 2016

I have waited for (almost) everyone to share their opinion/rage/joke over the Leila situation, and now, because I like to imagine that 1/7,000,000,000 is not that close to zero, I would like to share my thoughts:
1. A couple of weeks ago I found one of my old poems. The poem was written on September 15th 2013, the day after Leila’s concert, but just like a great portion of what I write about—what I am all about, it was about this city. I love and care about my country and my city way more than they do about me.
2. In my life, I have purchased three tickets for three different concerts of Leila's, and I have been counting my teenage years in respect to the only one that I used.
3. One of my favorite things about my generation is how hopefully angry it is. But there exists a deep ideological gap within my generation. There are the internet slacktivists and the still ones; only moving a little backwards thinking they’re swimming against the tide. The problem is that we have never learnt to think for ourselves.
4. The thing is, the entire deal only managed to make Leila more (in)famous. And while I don’t know whether that’s a bad thing or good, the band has now gained martyr status: congratulations.
5. It was never about the concert, but rather about what is going to come next. I can only wait with cautious anticipation.
6. There is a conspiracy theory that basically states that when something major is about to hit the news, a less significant event happens to avert the public’s attention.
7. Thank you, Leila, for being the soundtrack for some of my existential crises.
8. I pray that my generation gets its own voice some time soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment